Google Chrome is probably the most used web browser in the world. It’s light, user-friendly, and easy to understand for naive users. Google is working really hard on this web browser to make it a universal web browser and trying really hard to compete with Safari and Microsoft Edge. Though Chrome provides a great web browsing experience, it is not always flawless. “Err_Cache_Miss” is one of the major errors that google chrome produces frequently.
Do you also recall any instance where Err_Cache_Miss has ruined your seamless browsing experience? Its a very common scenario for regular internet users to see this kind of error code while interacting with a website that requires some data to proceed. Sometime error code Err_Cache_Miss becomes really frustrating and annoying. Let’s understand the root cause of net::err_cache_miss Google Chrome error code and easy steps to get rid of it.
- 1 What is Err_Cache_Miss and Why Does This Occur?
- 2 How To Fix Err_Cache_Miss
- 3 Summary
What is Err_Cache_Miss and Why Does This Occur?
Clearly, it is related to cache memory. In simple words, the data your browser or your computer already contains related to the website you are visiting. The error code Err_Cache_Miss means “Error – Cache Missing”, that means the cache files and data is not really available on your browser or computer. There could be several reasons for this error code in google chrome, and following are the most common :
What causes Google Chrome Err_Cache_Miss error
- The website you are visiting is not able to transfer cache files to your browser or local drive. This is the server-side or website coding issue and cannot be resolved with your efforts.
- Google Chrome is not able to perform its duties. There could be something wrong with the version or setup of google chrome and it is no longer able to store cache files. There could be several reasons for google chrome to be corrupted. Most of the time, external or 3rd party extensions conflict with google chrome settings and make them faulty. Google Chrome version might also cause net::err_cache_miss error sometimes.
- Connection issues between website/server and google chrome.
How To Fix Err_Cache_Miss
Now that you are aware of the common reasons of Err_Cache_Miss google chrome error, let’s jump onto the different method of resolving it.
Refresh & Reload
This works for most of the network issues. If you are facing Err_Cache_Miss error on google chrome, simply try to refresh/reload the page. You can find the reload button on the left side of URL bar. Press F5 button on the keyboard otherwise.
Switch To The Latest Version of Google Chrome (Update your Browser)
Its always a good idea to use the latest version of google chrome in order to get rid of Err_Cache_Miss error. Check out the below video for a step by step guidance for updating your google chrome. Quick tip – open a new window and then navigate to Settings > About Chrome and hit update.
Delete Browsing Data and Cache
It is always a good idea to clear your browser’s cache and temp files on a regular basis. This tip does not only avoid errors like Err_Cache_Miss but also keeps your browser safe from malware and other viruses.
Just navigate to More tools > Clear Browsing Data and select what you want to delete.
Watch this detailed video for more details.
Turn Off Unnecessary Browser Extensions
Extension are of great help, but more than often, these extensions cause problems to Chrome. It is always a best practice to turn off or delete the unnecessary extensions. you can always do it in More Tools > Extensions.
Do watch this amazing and short video on how to disable chrome extension to get rid of Err_Cache_Miss.
Reset your Google Chrome settings
If nothing works for Err_Cache_Miss error, its time to reset the chrome settings back to original. Here is how to reset google chrome.
Go To More > Settings
Scroll Down and Go To Advanced
Go To Reset and clean up section, then click Restore settings to their original defaults.
Disable cache is one of the best ways to fix Err_Cache_Miss. You need Chrome Dev Tools to do this.
Go To View > Developer>Developer Tool
Go To Network and check Disable Cache
Internet Connection Troubleshooter
If nothing seems to be working to resolve Err_Cache_Miss, it’s finally time to run the internet connection troubleshooter. This is probably the final hit to fix this error and generally works. Here are the steps:
- Go to Settings by using the Windows + I keyboard shortcut. You can alternatively click on the gear icon in the Start menu.
- Click Update & Security tab.
- Select Troubleshoot from the menu.
- Scroll down and select Internet Connections. Now click Detect problems and apply the fixes (or Run the troubleshooter) and allow the troubleshooter to do its job.
- Once the troubleshooter finishes running, reboot your system. You should be able to see whether this method worked when browsing in Google Chrome.
Google chrome is the most trustworthy web browser but sometime it get frustrating because of error code Err_Cache_Miss. The above mentioned steps and videos can solve your problem for sure. Do try them and let us know which one worked for you.