WHAT IS GOOGLE VOICE?
Google Voice is a voicemail service that allows users to text messages without any cost, read voicemail text transcript, customize or edit their voicemail and more. Google voice works off of Voice Over IP technology, meaning that Google voice can turn your phone into a digital signal. With this service, you will have one phone number and all calls can be sent on to from all your other phone numbers. Hence it makes handling all your communications less difficult as all the work can be done from one phone.
USE OF GOOGLE VOICE FOR USERS:
- Users who have a Gmail account can make calls to Canada and USA for free. Although the number will be shown as an unknown number that the person to whom the call has been made will not be able to recognize and might not pick up. With Google voice the number will be shown as your Google voice number if the call is made from Gmail. Therefore you can make and take calls from Gmail using Google voice number.
- With Google voice service it enables users of free texting. The texting can be done through Google voice chrome extension or Google voice website. Users can also install the Google voice app on their phone for texting or to receive calls, whichever way they prefer. In case you got a new phone or reset your phone is needed, then with the Google voice text feature, you can get any information needed by looking for the archive of your texts online.
- Users can forward their calls to different numbers by getting a new phone number and link your Google voice number to it or it can be forwarded to an old phone number.
- Voicemails can be transcribed into a text with Google voice service. The service allows users the option to either listen to the voicemail or read the text.
- Google voice permits users to listen to the voicemails when an individual is leaving them.
- You can establish certain rules for the calls to control what calls go when and where.
- Users can easily record calls with the service and can have access to the recordings online at any time.
- An excellent feature of Google Voice is that users can switch phones mid-call by pressing the star key and the different phones that you have linked to your Google Voice number will ring and you can pick where you left.
HOW GOOGLE VOICE WORKS:
The features mentioned above can work through Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), a technology that enables you to use the internet to make calls rather than a phone line. A call made with a Google voice number changes your voice into a digital signal that carries over the internet. Calls can be made with a computer directly with the Google voice service just a connection to the internet is needed.
WHAT IS NEEDED FOR GOOGLE VOICE:
A valid Google account and a Canada or USA phone number is needed to set up Google voice. That particular phone number is used for verification and as the forwarding number.
As mentioned earlier, phone calls made from the USA and Canada are free. Having said that, if users want more accessibility and features then they must know the features and cost of the different plans.
FREE: This price plan cost zero percentage of money and grants one user in one domestic location like the USA or Canada.
STARTER: $10 will cost per month for users in this price plan and grants you up to 10 users in 10 different domestic locations under one account. This plan is suitable for small businesses and entrepreneurs with fewer employees. You will get:
- Free calls can be made to the USA fup to any country
- Free calls can be made to Canada from any country
- Countless messages in the USA
- Voicemail transcription
- 24/7 support
- Call forwarding
- Google voice app for both IOS and Android
- Google meet integration
- Google calendar integration
- Service level agreement
- Usage and activity reporting
- Google Fi compatibility
- Web app
STANDARD: $20 will cost per month for users in this price plan and permits you to an endless number of users in uncountable domestic locations under one account. This plan is best suitable for domestic businesses of any size. You get including the features in the starter plan:
- Ring groups
- Desk phone support
- Multi-level auto attendant
- E-discovery for calls, SMS records and voicemail
PREMIER: $30 will cost per month and will enable you to have an endless number of users, domestic and international locations under one account. Features included in the standard plan are encompassed here as well. This price plan is suitable for larger businesses
HOW TO SET UP GOOGLE VOICE:
- Log in to your Google account
- Select a Google voice number
- Verify your existing phone number
- Finish set up on the computer
- Install or download the Google voice for your phone