kulukki sarbath is a famous and one of the most desirable drinks from the God’s own country, Kerala. Kulukki is a lemon-based drink that tastes refreshing with few spices mixed in it. Some more variants of this drink can be enjoyed when the basic ingredients are mixed with a fruit base to give it a tangy edge.
Whats in the name
‘Kulukki’ means shaken in Malayalam, and that’s how the kulukki sarbath got its name from the method of preparing it. Yes, the ingredients are not mixed but are put together and shaken to give it a unique taste. Try this recipe with your friends on a summer weekend after a hectic week. You will definitely impress them with your drink-making skills.
- 1/4 tsp basil seeds
- 1/2 lemon + a slice of lemon
- 1 small long green chilli
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 1/2 cup sugar syrup
- Shaker with lid
Steps To Make Kulukki Sarbath
- Take basil seeds(khas khas) in a wide bowl. Add 2 tablespoon water. It will start to grow while pouring water.
- Let it aside for 8-10 minutes. When it becomes like jelly, strain, and set aside.
- Take a glass or shaker add the small slice of lemon. Now add sugar syrup and squeeze the lemon.
- Add basil seeds and slitted green chili.
- Finally, add crushed ice. Now Close the shaker with its lid and shake rigorously for at least 5 seconds.
- Now open and pour in serving glass and serve.
You can always make this refreshing drink with few variations. Try adding soda instead of water. If you don’t really like a lemon based drink, try using orange, pineapple or rose essence. If you are a fan of Ginger, try using ginger ale.
Make the most of this summer by trying these variants and impress your loved ones!