What is microneedle treatment?
Microneedling is also known as Collagen induction therapy is a cosmetic procedure that involves puncturing the skin repeatedly with tiny sterile needles. The treatment resolves many skin related problems such as acne, acne scars, stretch marks, and aging skin in a very short period of time.
The procedure of microneedling has proved to be very effective in cases where nothing works for the skin concerns neither home treatment nor dermatologic procedures. You can consider microneedle treatment before rushing for cosmetic surgery as it is very expensive and has many side effects on the skin.
Also read about top tips for skin care
How does microneedle treatment work?
Tratamiento de microagujas encourages the skin to produce new collagen which improves the condition of the skin and reduces all the skin concerns or problems. The procedure involves the medical professional pricking your skin with the tool which causes slight injury to the skin. The skin responds to the injuries made by producing new collagen-rich tissue. The medical professional makes even injuries around the skin that needs to be rejuvenated from the procedure. The injuries are noticeable on the skin of the patient post-treatment, these injuries made by the tool to the skin are extremely small.
What are the benefits of microneedle treatment?
- The treatment leads to the reduction of large pores, fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, and stretch marks. The results of the treatment last for a very long period of time without any major side effects on the skin.
- Microneedling is cost-effecting as compared to expensive skin treatments such as cosmetic surgery and laser treatments to rejuvenate the skin.
- The microneedle treatment is an effective way to treat skin problems such as acne scars and wrinkles. The treatment does wonders to rejuvenate the skin with ageing problems. The technique is also used in many anti-ageing treatments like eyelid surgery and sunspots.
- Microneedling can also be used as a treatment for skin which has been damaged because of extreme exposure to the sun. It is used to treat skin problems such as hyperpigmentation and age spots.
- Microneedle treatment has minor side effects or no side effects on the skin as compared to side effects from skin treatments like laser treatment and cosmetic surgeries. These treatments have very promising results in the beginning but they leave long term side effects on the skin.
- Microneedle treatment can be used against skin thickening and ruddiness of rosacea. The treatment makes the skin look less inflamed and irritated.
Does microneedle treatment hurt?
No, the overall treatment doesn’t hurt the patient. The doctor injects the patient with topical anaesthesia an hour before the microneedle treatmentto reduce the chances of any type of pain during the entire treatment.
The treatment usually takes approximately 30 minutes for completion, it depends upon your doctor how much time they would consume to complete the treatment. After the completion of the treatment, the medical professional applies a calming serum that won’t irritate your skin post-treatment.
How much does microneedle treatment cost?
The overall cost of microneedle treatment is comparatively less to other treatments like cosmetic surgeries and laser treatments. An average estimated cost for microneedling is around $200 to $700 per session.
The cost of the overall treatment may vary from one doctor to the other. Microneedling treatment comes under cosmetic procedures which is why the expense of the entire treatment won’t be covered by any type of insurance. However, you can reduce or negotiate the expense of the treatment with your doctor by asking them to produce a cost-effective payment plan.
What are the side effects of microneedle treatment?
The treatment doesn’t involve any major side effects. However, it may sometimes cause some minor side effects such as redness or skin irritation following the treatment. You can immediately contact your doctor and get the issue resolved.