Navratri is a 9 day – night fascinating festival of India where Goddess Durga is worshipped. Garba, havan, pooja are done during this happy festival. Other than this people keep fast or vrat for 9 days for their beliefs. People who are fasting eat some specific vrat or fast food like Rajgira atta, kuttu atta, sabudana, and many more. To make the fasting yummy, delicious, and healthy here are two amazing fast recipes or vrat recipes.
- 1 Let’s begin with the first mouth-watering fast recipe or vrat recipe
- 2 Another tasty yet healthy fast recipe or vrat recipe for people who don’t like to eat fried vrat food.
Let’s begin with the first mouth-watering fast recipe or vrat recipe
Sweet Potato Tikki
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 1/4 tsp Sendha namak (Rock salt)
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper (Kali mirch)
- 2 tbsp Singhare atta (Water chestnut flour) or kuttu atta (Buckwheat flour)
- Oil for frying and greasing
- Wash and boil 2 sweet potatoes in pressure cooker (5 – 6 whistles) till they cook properly.
- Let the pressure go down, drain the water and let them cool. Remove the skin of sweet potatoes.
- Mash them really well with masher.
- Add sendha namak (Rock salt) and black pepper (kali mirch) to mashed potatoes. Mix well.
- Add singhara atta (Water chestnut flour) or Kuttu atta (Buckwheat flour) whichever you like. Only add enough flour so that tikkis can be made. And start making round tikkis.
- Heat oil on a non stick pan on medium flame. Add tikkis to hot oil and fry.
- Cook from both sides on medium flame. Serve hot with green chutney. Tada!
Enjoy this delightful fast recipe or vrat recipe this Navratri with your family and friends.
Any meal is incomplete without dessert so here is tasteful and delicious fast recipe or vrat recipe of dessert.
Dry Fruit Smoothie
- 1 cup fresh curd
- Fox nuts
- Cashew Nuts
- Few Chironji
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- Take one cup of fresh curd. Beat it till it becomes smooth and lump free.
- Add 1 Tbsp of sugar to curd.
- Add roughly broken fox nuts, chopped almonds, cashew nuts and few chironji to sweet curd.
- Refreshing Dry Fruit Smoothie is ready to relish after a day of fasting or vrat.
Recipe by : Garima Chaturvedi
Another tasty yet healthy fast recipe or vrat recipe for people who don’t like to eat fried vrat food.
- 2 Cup sabudana
- 3 Medium-size boiled potato
- 2 to 3 Green chilies (or as per your taste)
- Curry leaves cut into small pieces
- Roasted peanuts coarsely crushed
- Wash sabudana 2 to 3 times in water and then soak it for 2 to 3 hours in little water, just to cover sabudana surface. After 2 to 3 hours sabudana will be soaked nicely and will become big in size and soft.
- In a bowl take sabudan add crushed peanuts, green chillies, curry leaves, mashed boil potatoes and sendha namak (Rock salt) as per taste. Mix all ingredients gently and try not to mash sabudana.
- Grease hand with oil and make small balls.
- Here comes the healthy twist, instead of frying take appe making pan and add 1/4 tsp of oil in it and heat for 30 second on high flame.
- Lower the flame to medium, add sabudana balls to pan and cover it with a lid.
- Keep turning the sabudana balls from all sides untill they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Serve it hot with curd or green chutney.
- Have a great navratri and enjoy your fasting with these fast recipes or vrat recipes.
Recipe by: Ritu Maheshwari